Friday, October 26, 2007

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, we live in East Brewton and Blaine is the head coach at W.S. Neal High School. Across the creek, literally less than 5 miles away is T.R Miller High School. The rivalry between the two schools is intense to say the least. Anyway, last year, Blaine's team came back from a 21 - 0 deficit at the half to win the game 42 to 35 (or something like that) making that the first win Neal had over Miller since '96. We were elated! And tonight was that time of the season again. We were really just hoping to play well and stay in the game. Much to our surprise, we ended the game tied 8-8. In overtime, Miller had it first and we held them on 4th down on the 4 yard line. We got the ball and they held us on first down. Then on 2nd (I think) it looked like they had tackled our guy but he kept pushing and the team kept pushing and he fell into the endzone!!! Touchdown W.S. Neal!!!!!!! We beat our across town rival 14-8 in overtime at our stadium!!! Needless to say the fans erupted!!! I left Abbie, Kilbie, MeMe, and Lizzie in the stands and flew out on the field (and left my purse, seat, pretty much everything)!!! Anyway, to make a long story short, WE WON!!!!!! And this win puts us in the playoffs!!! Praise God...as long as we don't have to play Handley (my alma mater)!!!!! I don't have a picture right now since it's almost midnight, but I'll will post one as soon as possible. And this was the first year they gave a trophy...and it is ours for the next year!!! I don't brag on Blaine very much on this blog but I don't know when I have been more proud of him!!! He's a heck of a coach!!! Best I've ever seen!! :)
Also, congrats to Tom and Ben (my brothers) and their teams for also making it to the playoffs. We're all 3 in and I'm so excited!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, Yea, Yea! Your account of the game gave me chill bumps. I am so happy for both of you. I am sending Josh a text message to tell him.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

Yea our team. I am so proud of you and for you!!! Give Blaine a big hug and congratulations from me. Keep me posted on the playoffs.

Anonymous said...

I, like Mrs. Joy, loved your play by play announcing on the blog! Wish we could have all been there to see it...it sounds like such a good game. Congratulations to all of you and tell Blaine we are all proud of him and will be looking forward to hearing of great playoff updates! :)